What are Henna Brows?
Brow Henna is long lasting brow dye that remains on the skin underneath the brows for up to 2 weeks and stays on the hair for 4-6 weeks. Brow Henna is a solution for clients wanting their brows to remain darker than their natural brow hair colour for the same amount of time that their shaping lasts. It is also a great solution for clients wanting to achieve a more filled-in look without having to use makeup or a brow pencil. Brow Henna also effectively covers grey brow hairs and comes in a variety of different shades.
What are the benefits of henna brows?
- No Ammonia
- No lead
- Vegan Friendly
- Hairs appear to be darker and thicker
- Lasts 4-6 weeks
What Is The difference between henna brows & HD brows?
- Brow tint uses a similar dye that Hair Stylists use. The tint is mixed with peroxide and then applied to the brows for 1-5 minutes and lasts on the hair for 2-4 weeks.
- Brow Henna is a specially formulated Henna mixture made specifically for eyebrows. The powder is mixed with distilled water and then applied to the brows for 10-20 minutes and lasts on the hair for 4-6 weeks. If you have very light eyebrows, or do not normally wear a lot of brow makeup.
How do I keep the longevity of my henna brows?
The most important factor in extending the longevity of Brow Henna is to not get the brow area wet for 24 hours after application.
- Not exercising for at least 24hrs, Sauna, Steam room, Sun beds.
- Have caution when applying any type of skin care products containing exfoliators (topical acne medications, retinol, lightening products, alpha hydroxy acids, benzol peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid) Keep all of these away from your brows as they will strip them of their colour and could harm the hair as well.
Do I need a Patch test?
A patch test is required 48hrs prior to your henna eyebrow treatment.
Can I have henna brows if I’m pregnant?
We would recommended not in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, (Natural Henna, derived solely from the plant, and with no added chemicals it is safe to use on your hair and skin) a test patch will be performed this will determine any allergy reaction.
How often can I have henna brows?
We would always advise our clients every 4/6 weeks.